Monday 5 May 2014

VINTAGE JACKET AND PLEATHER SKIRT

So I guess this is my first blog post...and the extent of my English GCSE.

As the weather in England has started becoming warmer and I now don't have to leave the house feeling as if I've gone through a car wash, I often find myself grabbing for my vintage cotton jacket passed down from my (surprisingly) fashionable mother. There is something very charming about wearing clothes from a previous era; it just gives a nod to the old that has sculpted today's new. I obsess over its oversized fit and the way it hangs effortlessly on my body. It doesn't drown me, something which I find a lot of oversized clothes do. Of course, rolling up the sleeves helped a lot, and gives the whole outfit an overall casual feel.



The way I style vintage pieces is by pairing them with a more modern material which is why I opted for a pleather skirt with shoelace detailing for some edge. The skirt is rather tight-fitting which balances the bagginess of the jacket perfectly so that I can show a bit of shape without being too revealed. The stripped top gives the whole thing texture and interest in a very neutral, one-dimensional look.




Jacket: Vintage Sisley       Striped Cropped Top: Zara        Pleather Skirt: Zara        Sandals: River Island


No comments:

Post a Comment