Sunday 26 April 2015

LEVI'S CUTOFF SHORTS AND KNIT JUMPER




Hi all,

I have finally hopped onto the Levi's Cutoff Shorts bandwagon - hurrah! And boy, am I glad I did! You might have been able to tell from my other posts that I have a very big place in heart for vintage pieces. If you ask me what I'm wearing on a particular day, I can surely say that at least one of the pieces of my outfit is either from my mum's wardrobe or a thrift store. There is something about wearing an item of clothing that has had some lovin' before my time; the fit, wash, draping, degree of "destroyedness", means that no matter what, it will sit on your body like it has always been there. And most of my thrifted pieces are from the men's section believe it or not.

This is what my pair of Levi's 501 cutoff shorts are like. I bought it from an Ebay seller who I am pretty impressed with as they measure the sizes of each individual pair regardless of the size stated on the shorts since the jeans shrink over numerous washings and are usually different to the original sizes.  It means you're getting something pretty true to size.

I'm going to jump the gun and say these are probably going to be my go-to shorts for summer. Of course it would be unwise to wear a turtleneck knit sweater during that time, but from little crop tops to oversized men's t-shirts, I think I'll have a solid relationship with these shorts over the next season or two.

Vintage Levi's 501Cutoff Shorts // Easy to make with a pair of vintage Levi's jeans or similar, but Ebay Seller is: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-LEVIS-501-Denim-Shorts-High-Waisted-Hotpants-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-Grade-A-/171315678736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item27e335ce10

Forever 21 Knit Sweater

No comments:

Post a Comment